Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya CM dialing same number terminating to 2 different stations

Status
Not open for further replies.

McVoIPin

Technical User
Oct 5, 2012
US
Is there a way for users at the same location dial the same number "0" but terminate at 2 different locations? I'm at a Hospital environment and I would like the patients to terminate to the operators directly but employees go to the VDN routed to the Auto Attendant we have in place. Can I implement a vector that does a check based on the station number routing to a different extension or VDN? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hardware platform? Definity/CM software version?

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

40 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 30 years and counting
[URL unfurl="true"]http://bshtele.com[/url]

Do you have Tenant partitioning?

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

tenant partitioning is the only way as mattknight has suggested

ACSS-SME,ACSS Avaya Aura Session Manager and System Manager,ACSS Avaya Scopia Solution,ACSS Avaya one-X UC Soft Clients,ACSS Avaya Session Border Controller, ACSS Avaya Aura Messaging,
ACSS Avaya Aura Call Center Elite, ACSS Avaya Aura CM and CM Messaging,ACIS Avaya Aura CM and CM Messaging, ACIS SME, ACIS Avaya CM 5.2.1

Alright. That's what I was afraid of. Thanks for all of your time. Much appreciated.

Does tenant partioning enable routing 0 to a VDN? We have it turned on, but I didn't think it had anything to do with 0 to a vdn? We do it thru Vector routing tables, and an extension range programmed in a vector. It'd be easier if the patient extension range and employee extension range was in separate blocks. This is what we have:

01 wait-time 0 secs hearing silence
02 goto step 9 if ani < 5600
03 goto step 9 if ani in table 3
04 goto step 23 if ani in table 7
05 goto step 19 if ani in table 4
06 goto step 12 if ani > 5600
09 queue-to attd-group
10 stop
12 route-to number 5609 with cov y if unconditionally

The VRT 3, 4, and 7 are the various office extension blocks. The go to steps route to a person designated as the "receptionist" at each site. So in the OPs example it'd route diretly to teh attd-group if you were a patient, and do some other vector processing go to the attd-group if you were not in that extension block?

RTMCKEE

Thanks RTMCKEE! That's exactly what I was referring to in my original post. We have 0 built as a VDN that routes to a Split for the Operators. I've been fooling around with a test Vector that does a check based upon the users ANI and routing differently if it matches the VRT table built. Exactly what you posted! The only thing is I have to build a couple VRT tables since they only hold 100 entries and we have more rooms than that. I was hoping to build ranges as an entry but no such luck. Thanks for your response. I really appreciate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back