Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya CM and Firmware Upgrade for TEO TSG-6 [Solution Provided]

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaeP2R

Technical User
Feb 2, 2016
US
Good day all,

I'm looking to see if anyone might have any TEO TSG-6 secure phones with their Avaya CM - we have upwards of 1,000 or so - in several remote locations.
We are in the process of doing a firmware upgrade on those TEO phones. What I'm looking for is insight on how, with THAT many phones in so many locations, would it be possible to "SEE" which phones had been upgraded [or not] ...

I know that in some cases the command 'cdp neighbor' can provide additional information .. and also "lldp" .. but we've not been able to come up with a solution that we would use for remote viewing.
I would appreciate any insight that any may have on this process.
Thank you in advsnce.
-----
Jae

@kyle555
-
Okie doke .. more reading .. Thank you .. need to figure out what how to get the OID and stuff like that ..
I will reach back to the vendor to see if there is a specific OID for the TEO phone ...

Thank you again for the providing direction!
-----
Jae

If you're consistent with your LAN and you have switches that all do LLDP and have that enabled, you could just as well SNMP poll the switches for the LLDP neighbors and usually for a device type of phone, there's parameters for IP, model, firmware that can be acquired.

I know for Avaya 9600s, they report their firmware to Session Manager, but always 96x1SIP...... so you don't know if it's a 9601, 9608, etc. LLDP is the only way to find out what model of Avaya phone is plugged on the port.

@kyle555
-
Turns out SNMP is not running .. *sigh*
I tried to also find the admin guide for the TEO for maybe some additional insight - and the most recent one I found was 2018.
Not having much luck today ..
-
Thank you for your help though
-----
Jae

@kyle555
----
LLDP run results
----
#show lldp nei
Capability codes:
(R) Router, (B) Bridge, (T) Telephone, (C) DOCSIS Cable Device