Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya Cm 6.3- 911 call Llsten In capability

Status
Not open for further replies.

Msensabaugh

IS-IT--Management
Jul 18, 2016
US
The security folks here would like to listen in on 911 calls to emergency services, I thought that could be accomplished by using bridged call appearance, but after looking into that I'm not sure that will work, does anyone know how to program the Avaya CM 6.3 system to allow security to listen in on a 911 call?

Presumably with a crisis alert key, security would be notified when a 911 call is made and by who. I would think - though I've never checked - if the notification is when the call is made or after it's completed. Presumably it would be when it's made.

If so, stack the service observe feature on the security guard, let his COR "able to observe" and everyone else "able to be observed" and then security can listen in on the call. With barge in, they should be able to get in the conversation. I'd nail that down to a idiot-proof training and feature operation for security. And administer things right - if any CORs can't be observed, it'll fall flat when someone needs it.

Thanks kyle555,

I appreciate your suggestion, we'll have to test that out.

Melinda

There is a special application feature that supports monitoring Crisis Alert Calls,

SA8654 - Crisis Alert Call Monitoring and Recording

if you have 5.2.1 or above you should be able to activate Avaya special application features.

Avaya does have some warnings about using these features, may have limited testing, etc.

Share, please can you clarify how I can enable this feature.
Is it in system parameters or stations?
Please more details

the command is change system-parameters special-applications

and you will see a list of the applications that can be turned on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back