Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya CM 5.2.1 TDM-CLK minor and Test 150 Fail

Status
Not open for further replies.

thecmancan

IS-IT--Management
Feb 12, 2013
US
Hello,

On the Avaya CM5.2.1 with MCC gateways and S8720.

I see persistent minor alarm TDM-CLK.

When I test tone-bd, I see Test 150 fail error code 50.

I see the docs say that it's possibly a bent pin in the backplane? Can it be anything else in your experiences?

Thank you

The Avaya Maintenance Manual points toward synchronization issues:

The Error Code represents the rate (in Parts Per Million, or PPM) at which clock slip errors have been detected on the incoming synchronization source since the last PPM inquiry was sent to the IPSI or Processor/Tone-Clock circuit pack. A failure of this test indicates that we are outside of (S8700-series Fiber-PNC: Stratum-3) or Stratum-4 timing specifications on the incoming timing source. The Error Code is a variable amount ranging from 1 to 254.

1. If error 1537 is entered in the error log against TDM-CLK, then the board has switched timing sources. Follow the procedures associated with hardware log Error Code 1537.

2. Otherwise, see Troubleshooting Approach in SYNC (Port Network Synchronization).

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back