Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya Cloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guillazyd

Technical User
Feb 13, 2018
CA
Greetings Everyone

does anyone use avaya cloud solution?

how it works? Is this good? is migration doing well?

Avaya's position on the Cloud interface does not seem clear (end of agreement with Telagility and change for RingCentral with their interface) Thanks for your feedback

I don't think it's available just yet. It's basically a Ring Central, with a few Avaya Features layered in on top, and better integration with the Avaya J100 Series phones.

I saw/demo'd it in Phoenix at Avaya Engage. Pretty slick.

Travis

Yes it is available and I am currently using it. It is located on the Google backbone (Private Internet) so the quality is very good. It is a lite version currently but they are adding more features on the roadmap

Bahmonekys,

That is the "Containerized" or IPO on Google verison. It's EOL in the US, as is Powered By IP Office. The Avaya Cloud Office is not GA Yet.

NTSDirect

I wonder how commited Avaya is to on premise systems now that Cloud Office is a thing. Seems like all Avaya is talking about these days is "cloud cloud cloud".

As a partner, do you get a cut of the monthly subscription fee with Cloud Office?

Avaya's Cloud offering with Ring Central is going to be a complete load of bullcrap. It is not a reseller based relationship, but a commission based one.

You have a customer who wants Avaya RC and what will happen is you give the details to Avaya, they then take the customer pay you a small commission and your telephony relationship with that customer is now over!

It is also not due for proper release until 2021 last I heard.

We have decided to move our telephony to a company called 8x8 - early impressions have been very good.

| ACSS SME |

Pepp77, 8x8 partner reseller model is the same as RC, is it not.
It's also a commission based relationship, the end customer still resides with 8x8.

This is what I understand the offers are and the differences that matter.

Differences between ACO ( Avaya Cloud Office ), RC (Ring Central) and 8x8.

ACO - UC only - Partner resells though Avaya - Customers can not buy direct.

RC - UC and CC - Partner resells though RC - Customers can buy direct

8x8 - UC and CC - Partner resells though 8x8 - Customers can buy direct.

Feature Differences.
RC&ACO Conferencing.
Up to 1,000 people on
audio conferencing and
200 on video conferencing

8x8 Conferencing
Up to 50 people for
audio conferencing
and 8 for video conferencing3

Service Differences
RC&ACO
99.999% SLA
for uptime reliability
and voice quality

8x8
Does not offer
99.999% SLA

If the ACO solution is only sold through partners, only works with Avaya Phones, sold though partners, then how is the partner getting hosed?

There is no direct relationship between the end customer and ACO, unlike with Ring Central, and 8X8.

8x8 Do both a reseller and a wholesale model. We are on the wholesale model. This means we sell to the end customer and are billed by 8x8. We do first line support and we raise issues with 8x8 if needed.

We chose this option as we wanted to retain our customers.

8x8 also state a 99.9999% uptime on their services.

I had a 10 user system up and running within 30 minutes of receiving the enrollment email from 8x8 today.

| ACSS SME |

8x8 does state an uptime of 99.9999%, however, unless things have changed recently, they do/did not offer an SLA to protect the partner if server falls below that.

I believe the customer still has an option to leave you for a direct relationship with 8x8.. if they choose to.

I am not 100% sure, but think/hope the ACO solution can only be resold through partners, thus protecting that relationship between partner and customer. I would have to expect that Partners would be Tier 1 support... unless Avaya is going on a massive hiring spree.

At the end of the day, the cloud model is going to change the way partners engage with their customers, no matter what cloud option is chosen... unless the partner spins up their own cloud offering I guess. Avaya tried that with PoweredBy IP office... did not grow fast enough to stay competitive in the cloud space.

I can see really small companies going with a cloud service such ss RC, 8by8 or Nextiva, but past a certain number of phones and users, does it make sense financially to go full cloud?

Genuine question.

SO if I get this right then Avaya tries to get all the customers on board then if we don't watch them closely they start direct marketing to them and selling them phones etc. and we are out of business soon.
Sounds like what Dell did at one point to their BP's

Cloud is easier if you want to use cell phone apps etc. because it is already there without you having to fiddle with the IT department for port forwarding etc. but other than that I think server edition or our hosted solution is what we will push now.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS (SME)

Remembering intrigrant 2019

Does anyone know what phones will be able to be brought over to the Ring Central or ACO platform? I can't seem to find anything that specifically lists models although I would assume all the SIP capable will work

The J100 series phones are all brought over, as well as the B199 as of Q2 or Q3's update. You have the luxury of also adding in the Yealink, Cisco, and Polycom phones, but they have to be purchased and provisioned separately from the ACO team. If the Avaya phones are bought in ACO world, then they come pre-provisioned on shipment. Polycom, etc. will have to be worked with the ACO team to be implemented.

You get many many phones in this new world that are all fully functional, instead of a 3rd party SIP analog phone. The caveat being procurement. Set them up on a lease and buy these phones through disti, and they still get the Opex expense if that's a win for the client.

Some customers still hate doing the maintenance themselves, so layering on a support service to handle dealing with Avaya support and basic programming can also be taken care of by you before it hits Avaya support.

The ACO offers that my company are doing have the phone sold direct from Avaya, we sell nothing and support nothing. As a tech this stinks as I see my job going away. Avaya gets the customer as we do not sell anything to them any longer. Not sure if this is because of the way that we sell the offering or not.
Mike

What is the process to re-flash a J series phone to Avaya Cloud office? Is it quick and easy or complex?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back