Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya Cloud Office 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

finest

MIS
May 11, 2011
US
What do other business partners think about sending all of their business to a Avaya Cloud Office? Do you expect to make the same long-term income selling and maintaining a Avaya Cloud Office as you currently do for on premise IP office systems? At first, the customers may pay you to help manage the system but eventually they could just call RingCentral/ACO and get changes and additions done for free. Yes if I will say that there’s all sorts of other things you can sell them but for me I’m not interested in sending my customers to another company. That was actually one of the good things about selling avaya — that customers essentially could not contact them directly so they had to go through you which provided many many revenue paths. ACO seems like a lose lose situation for business partners. And for avaya for that matter.

Look at going with a whitelabel provider. then you can keep the customer and support. we do it and it has been great.

Kevin Wing
ACSS Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Communications
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Vive Communications

What switch and GUI did you go with? Any major hurdles? Anything to look out for? Were you able to replicate most of what IPO does or were there things that need to be done differently from a customers perspective? We have over 400 companies on IP office. And none of them want to be told to do things differently.You

We are on Netsapiens and yes i can do petty much everything the IPO can do. We are in the US. There are a bunch of good whitelabel providers out there. Billing and Taxes is 1 thing to keep in mind in the US. there are 3rd party companies who handle the taxes part and make it easy.

Kevin Wing
ACSS Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Communications
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Vive Communications

@finest, you are right, let me add that for what I know in the ACO agreement is well specified that the customer signature is between RingCentral and the End User, it means the EU becomes automatically a RingCentral customer, so they are free to propose, change, interact with him, cutting off the Business Partner

My former company did a lot of that and then they went bankrupt because they didn't have the monthly line income and service calls as well as maintenance agreements.

I warned them when it came out and they didn't listen :)
What do I know as a tech our boss has an MBA, hahaha apparently they didn't teach how to use a calculator that year :) yes you should hear the sarcasm through my words.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

If you give more information you will get better answers. If you only give bits and pieces then you will get the same back and maybe not fitting your problem.

One of this big downsides I heard of ACO is you can not use 96xx phones with it, only J series. Majority of the clients I work with has 96xx and would have to replace. Before Avaya went bankrupt, at the end of quarters I heard they were giving away J series to push the deal but am not sure what they are doing now.

I was wondering why on e-bay certain new J-Series phones was going for so cheap on e-bay compared to other Avaya phones.

Josh

The cheap J100s may also be the ones that can only do 3PCC mode.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

It’s interesting to note that the lower price third-party call control (3PCC) Avaya J100 series have been end of life by Avaya. They will only be selling the more expensive ones from now on. You can certainly use the more expensive ones with third-party call control, for example Asterisk, FreeSwitch, cloud services etc, but Avaya won’t be selling these new after a certain date. It’s unclear for a Avaya Cloud Office if you need the more expensive J 100 series or if you can use the third-party call control ones (3PCC).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back