Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya CCR - Agent Priority

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobBuilder

Vendor
Aug 17, 2012
GB

Hi there,

Setting up an Avaya CCR but its not like any Nortel BCM or Meridian call centre stuff I would be used to.

Need to setup 2 skillsets / groups with 10 agents in each. Need to split the 10 agents into 4 different priorities so calls always go to the priority 1 agents first then 2 etc. Calls should be shared equally between the agents in their own priority group. I will have a wallboard setup for each skillset / group.

I cant seem to find anyway to implement this on the CCR? I could create 4 hunt / ccr groups with longest waiting and have them overflowing from one to another however that screws up my wallboard as the wallboard will only report on one of the 4 groups.

Any ideas?

Many Thanks

It's not a Nortel/Meridian so it isn't going to work the same. I would imagine you got training on Nortel/Meridian systems before selling and installing them. You need to get retrained onto Avaya IP Office and then you can sell and configure things quite happily. This place is full of ex Nortel folks at the moment who are completely untrained and for whatever reason think it's not required and that their irrelevant Nortel knowledge will somehow suffice.

That bang said, CCR is widely regarded as compete garbage and it is quite deserving of that reputation, in addition IP Office does not use skillsets and the likes, it is quite limited in it's call centre functioning in that respect :)

Thanks for the reply. I have worked on IP office for a number of years, completed training and exams. I have never installed the CCR and so posted here for some advice on the CCR. I have read through the manuals and it does seem very limited on the call centre setup. It's more like hunt groups with some live stats and reports.

I explained things in Nortel terminology as I'm trying to get across the best i can what I was hoping to achieve. Sorry should have said CCR group instead of skill set. Apologies if I offended you.

Do you know if there is any way to set agent priorities? There didn't seem to be an answer in your reply?

You should use priority and groups.
You need to be creative and ditch CCR and go for Xima chronicall.
Priorities can be set on the incomginc all route or with shortcodes or from VMPro.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

The use of skillsets and agent priorities is only used on Avaya enterprise stuff (CM/Aura). The IP Office is pretty much just groups with stats etc :)

the wallboard can report on system totals across all CCR groups, think this was introduced in v8, not sure though.

You can drag either System HuntGroup / Drag all your 4 groups to Wallboard it will automatically resize

the CCR is only the reporting not the programming
You can create agent groups and put the most important agents into that group and create overflow groups with the less important agents that will create the same effect that skillset has but is more work.

and yes CCR is garbage, install, reporting and user friendliness lacks. Time for Avaya to buy Xima out and screw that up too, LOL

Is it 5 o'clock yet? I bet it is in England I am going to have a drink now, Cheers

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME), ACIS (SME)

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back