Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya call queue short code 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitjap

Technical User
Sep 3, 2022
SI
Hello

I have a strange problem, I am using code to *33*N# (Shortcode: Call Queue) to transfer call to busy extension, all is working fine if user is on the phone, then hangs up and another call starts ringing.

Another scenario, first call is ringing (not talking) then the second call is transferred with shortcode *33*N# (Shortcode: Call Queue) and caller hangs up before user picks up the call, then the second call never start ringing. Call is on hold forever.

What I am missing here? Is this normal Avaya opration? Is this normal Avaya operation or can I do something? I read a lot of forums, manager help files and found no settings to relate to this shortcode

Version Avaya IPO: 9.1.9

Thank you for advice
BR
Mitja

Sounds like an edge case to me, otherwise known as a bug. What types of phone? What's the full scenario as to me it seems a strange way to be regularly handling calls.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Yes it is strange to handle calls that way, client wants to have call waiting disable for external calls but not for transferred calls, receptionist still wants to transfer calls to busy users, they say that previus pbx Integral 33 supported this feature.

Scenario:
-extension 100 transfers 1. call to extension 101 with *33*101#
-extension 101 ringing
-extension 100 transfers 2. call to extension 101 with *33*101#
-2. call parkd
-then 1. call is disconnected (missed call on exten 101), then the 2.call never starts ringing on extension 101

Phones: Avaya 9608 (exten 100) and 1608 (exten 101)

if the first call is answered all works as advertise, for example even if user pickup the handset and replace it the second call will start ringing. Do I have some other option to achive this?

With those phones, they support multiple call appearance buttons, 3 by default. So normal transfer could be used as far as I'm aware (will have to play tomorrow when back at work). Would only go to voicemail or follow forward on busy if the target already had 3 other calls on the go.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Why not simply creating a group with the user in it and transferring it to the group instead. Enabling queuing in the group settings does exactly that.
Groups are there to do this, queuing in users might be flaky because I never heard of anyone using it.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

"Dew knot truss yore Spell Cheque

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back