Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya BCM50 R6 call-by-call limits on PRI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rustymutt

Vendor
Feb 3, 2011
US
I want to make sure I understand how call by call limits work. I've got a customer with a partial PRI of 12 B channels, and 1 D channel. By default it's first come first serve on those 12 channels for either outbound, or inbound calls. I want to reserve 4 channels for outbound calls. This would limit inbound callers to 8 channels all the time.
After those 4 channel get used outbound, it's back to first come, first serve for channels either direction, right? I want to make sure that there are always channels available for outbound calls.
Any advice would be appreciated.

After talking more with the customer, they want their field technicians to be able to call in when they are swamped. I've ask AT&T if they can limit the number of calls to this main DID trunk, which would allow the field techs to continue to call into their supervisors. I believe it's call virtual trunk setup by the DMS people. Limit the DID to 8 inbound before giving a network busy tone back to callers of specific DIDs

I agree Curly. I've already suggested adding the additional 11 channels.

LOL ... why didn't they just order analog loop start trunks.

Customers never ask an expert first, they just want you to make their poor choices work.

Very funny post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back