Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya B179 on IP Office

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATI2ner

Technical User
Jan 15, 2007
US
I have set up several B179 on IP Office 9.1, but this latest one has me baffled. It registers fine, you can make calls out, but when you try to call that extension, it rings busy.

Anyone have any ideas?

No CA? DND enabled? CFwd enabled? What did you do to troubleshoot so far?

Thanks for the reply. It is a new extension, so there are 3 CA's, no forwarding, no DND. Monitor reports the station as busy when you try to call it. System status says the phone is ready, but when watching it being called in active calls, it never shows it trying to ring that extension.

Going to try deleting that extension and rebuilding it. Maybe something messed up when the SIP station was created. Have seen that with regular IP stations before. I will post the outcome.

UPDATE-

Deleted the SIP extension, Merged the config.
Recreated the SIP extension, Merged the config.
No Change.

Rebooted the IP Office.

Works like a charm.

Something in the back of my brain remembers that if you change an extension, you have to reboot, even though the system does not tell you to do it.

Did you create it with a SIP extension but have a license for IP Endpoint. Not a 3rd party endpoint license.
I like Catalyst's blog on connecting the B179. There's just a couple more steps for 9.1

Make sure your tones are set for inband.
The port you're plugged into on your network switch is set default on your voice vlan.

If vegetarians love animals so much, why are they eating all of their food?

they always work if they are a new setup, but every time I needed to try to change the ext number. it will ring busy when trying to call it. it will work outbound though.. if I reboot the ipo, inbound will then work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back