Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya Aura - Transfer incoming call back to the trunk (to outside/mobile number)

BubblySink608

Technical User
Jul 29, 2024
GE
Hi,

I created an extension and linked it to a mobile/outside number for transferring calls. The transfer works flawlessly when I call from one internal phone to another and then transfer to the newly created extension. The call goes through the trunk, and the transfer completes successfully.

However, there's an issue when trying to transfer a call that comes from outside (through the trunk) to the newly created extension, which is supposed to transfer to the mobile/outside number.

In short, an incoming call from the trunk cannot be transferred back to the trunk.

I tried enabling the feature "Trunk-to-Trunk Transfer" but without success.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to solve this problem, please respond.

Thanks.

Does the number called have a DID? Or, do you have an auto-attendant?

Try calling out from the phone you're testing with to the DID or thru the AA to the extension and see if that works.

If it does, then you're probably being blocked by the carrier if you're not allowed sending calling party numbers that aren't numbers provisioned on your service already.

There's a tandem calling party number table where you can override that. Or, maybe you need a telco order.

How did you "link" the mobile number? Just call forwarding? Coverage path with a remote coverage point? EC500?

trace it see if the call is being sent to the carrier and then you will know if its barred by the pabx or the carrier.

Another way if its carrier is to enable the redirecting number in special features, thats what we had to do for our carrier as they white list the DDI range but if there is a redirect number that is ok.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back