Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya Aura Messaging : Users complain of voicemails skipping 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

msrohman

Programmer
Jan 20, 2016
US
Hi all,

Were running Avaya Messaging 6.3 ( MSG 6.3.2 SP 2 patch 3) for our enterprise. We have users complaining the voicemails and the attendant skip when listening to them.

I ran a capture on one of the users' IP phones (Avaya 9608).
There are multiple RTP streams set up and torn down during the capture. They all occurred during one voicemail call.

IP phone <--> Gateway (G.729)
IP phone <--> Voicemail server (G.711)

My guess is that the voicemails being played back to the users are skipping when these RTP sessions are set up and torn down.

Is this the normal process for voicemail behavior? Shouldn't it just be one forward and one reverse RTP stream between the IP phone and voicemail server?

Thanks in advance for your help

Mike

In your VM systems IP Network Region turn off direct IP audio and see if it works.

Modify the following two fields on the CM - Signaling Group Administration

Direct IP-IP Audio Connections? n

IP Audio Hairpinning? n

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Thanks, RandyCarroll and KenMeans. Your feedback pointed us into the right direction. I'm going to submit a change ticket and I'll respond with the results.

-Mike

Another one to look at is the Payload type in the SIP trunk group -- 101 is popular/most commmon but Avaya defaults (blank) to 127.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back