Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya Aura Messaging Back Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

KCFLHRC

Technical User
Aug 16, 2011
US
Anyone know anything about Aura Messaging> I have one on a CS1K and It requires either an ftp or sftp program to back up the database. I'm just not sure what program to use or how to configure it. Any help would be appreciated.

go to and search for 'Free SFTP', then download their Free SFTP server software.

Install the package on a machine that the messaging server can reach, configure the application to run as a service, configure a user and you are halfway home.

On the messaging server, enter the SFTP server IP information where appropriate along with the user information you created above, and you should be set.

Got it, worked fine.

Thanks

How does the AAM work with cs1k? any issues outstanding?
Do you use session mgr?
We are ready to replace our octel 350 with either aam or avst...

AAM is connected to the CS1K via SIP, and yes, requires System and Session Manager. It has been working fine. No real issues. The only thing that sticks out in my mind that was a problem was hard forwarding the phone to AAM. We had to allow CFXA on all the phones because it looked to the CS1K as an external call. Regular FDN worked fine, only when you hard forwarded was it a problem. Also there are no access port availability like you have in Call Pilot for Contact Center. So we had to leave Call Pilot in place just for the access ports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back