Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya Aura Contact Center 6.1 installed on VMWARE

Status
Not open for further replies.

TelTech11

Technical User
Mar 6, 2006
US
I am looking to install AACC 6.1 on VMWARE which is a virtual server. Has anyone installed AACC on VMWARE yet??
The configuration I am looking at is

CCMS on one virtual server (stand alone)
CCMA on another virtual server( stand alone)
both virtual servers on the same physical server

CC MultiMedia on a seperate physical server.

We have done this. Including CCT and CCMM on a virtual on the same physical.

That is great to hear! But I thought Contact Center Multimedia could not be installed on a virtual server? Reason I am asking is that the book says the Avaya Media Server cannot go on a virtual server. I thought the Contact Center Multimedia server and the Avaya Media server were the same. Sounds like they are not?
What specs did you use for your physical server?
Did you put each application on their own virtual server or did you do a co-resdient installation?
In my planning, I was looking to put CCMS on one virtual, CCMA on another virtual and CCMM on a physical server.

I am just getting started building my virtual servers. I would appreciate any tips and tricks and feedback persons who have performed this install could supply.

Thanks in advance!

For virtual machine you had to follow the Planning and Engineering guide for physical servers recommendations and for CPU have to add 15% below physical CPU server recommendation.

Thanks for the reply. I am following the guide, but I am looking for gotcha's that were unforeseen.
Something that I can avoid to save time and headache.

The Avaya Media Server is different than the Multimedia server. The first is for SIP voice services and the later is for email/web services.

One gotcha, you cannot go back and co-res a server later. We started with just CCMS and CCMA. Tried to add CCT and CCMM with no luck. Works fine when you start co-res for everything.

We went co-res all on one virtual. We are still AML, so no need to have the MAS server.

We have a small call center so followed the minimum size from the guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back