Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya Aura CM onhold musicand prime line pickup 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

PossumButt1

Technical User
Sep 20, 2010
US
Have a Avaya CM aura 6.3
1. installed music using announcement group and also 1 .wav file on Val card can you use several and step through ea song or do I have to install premier for music source. We have them set up on BCM systems. Can you use the USB ports on G430 Cabinet or if not how do you set up the audio port to work with a music trunk ??

2. Have 10 sets ea. having bridges appearance of 2001 that incoming trunks terminate to when calls ring in and you go off hook it does not answer ringing call but steps to vacant line is there a fix for this.

have read till my Head hurts but cant find answers

samuri18@juno.com

PossumButt1

Sounds like you're trying to apply your BCM-fu to Avaya CM and are trying to get your head wrapped around the differences and the approaches to programming things :) Enjoy!

1. you can either use analog hold music and have the source play through a port, and your source would play the looping songs/messages, or have a single wav file include everything and play that through an announcement.
Good info here:
Sounds like you're thinking about the hold music pair on a BCM.

2. Sounds like a line appearance or answer DN in BCM. A bridged appearance, in Avaya CM, is of a particular call-appearance of an extension.
BCM equivalent would be an answer DN of only your first, or second intercom key but of no other. Nonetheless, any of those 10 stations going off hook by default grabs the first available call appearance of their station - not necessarily the ringing key of the bridged appearance of 2001.
Can you set your 10 stations, on page 2 of "change station" to Bridged Idle Line Preference "no"?

That'll get you the functionality of "a call for another line is ringing on my set, I pickup and answer it" Not "my phone is ringing and I pickup and get dialtone when the call is for another line"

From the CM screen reference:

Bridged Idle Line Preference
Use this field to specify that the line that the system selects by going off-hook is always an idle
call appearance for incoming bridged calls.
Valid entry Usage
y The user connects to an idle call appearance instead of the ringing call.
n The user connects to the ringing bridged appearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back