Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya ASG Softkey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 27, 2012
US
Does anyone know where I can obtain the newest Avaya ASG Softkey application? I have version 1.0, but the version of CM we're running requires a 20-character key, and Softkey 1.0 only supports a 14-character keys. Is there even a version later than 1.0, because I cannot find even mentions of it on Google.

===
Chuck Chamblee
ACSS (CM) | CTP | A+ ce | Security+ ce

ASG Soft Key has always been 20 octal digits or 14 hex digits
I have version 2.1.2
Build Date: Mar 10 2003
(c)ION Networks, Inc.

Newer Avaya cm6 and higher are using 8 digits for challenge response now.
I do not know of a PC based application that supports this other than it's built into ASA Avaya Site Administration.

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

40 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 30 years and counting
[URL unfurl="true"]http://bshtele.com[/url]

Apparently when the MUDG is applied to JITC versions of CM6, admin accounts created as "challenge" type require you to use a 20-digit key. Our CM4 system only required 14-digit keys, which worked with ASG Softkey 1.0. But ASG SK 1.0 won't let you use a 20-digit key.

===
Chuck Chamblee
ACSS (CM) | CTP | A+ ce | Security+ ce

Secret key If your voice system or messaging system has ASG enabled, enter the ASG secret key octal number in this field.
The secret key is used to generate responses to the ASG challenge. In the Secret key field, enter a 20 digit secret key. The first 18 digits must be between 0-7, the 19th digit can only be 0, 2, 4, or 6, and the last digit must be 0. You must enter the same 20 digit octal key into the ASG key that you are going to use to log into Site Administration. When you log into the voice system you will be given a challenge and prompted for a response based on the 20 digit key you originally entered.

From ASG field help when setting up access in ASA

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

40 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 30 years and counting
[URL unfurl="true"]http://bshtele.com[/url]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back