Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya apps on 64bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomMills

Technical User
Jan 16, 2008
GB
OK.

i know that no apps are supported on 64bit. and saw a post from bas1234 the other day about WOW64 (cheers bas, i will look at that)

but can anyone explain why it isnt supported/doesnt work?

we have just had a meeting with a potential client who has just upgraded nearly everything to 64 bit, and although the deal doesnt hinge on them having phone manager etc, it would be nice to go back to them with something more than "not supported. dont know why. dont know when"

Cheers in advance...

0118999 88199 9119725..3

I've been running most if not all of the Avaya Client Apps for some time now on a Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit machine. We do alpha and beta testing on all of the IPO software/apps for Avaya. The only thing that I don't have working is TAPI on 64 Bit. I will look at the docs and see what is not "supported" on 64 bit at present. I do feel that Avaya will be making more applications compliant with all PC Form Factors in the future.

Fonedoc [glasses]

CCR (replacement for CCC) will not work on 64bit when released either. Although I have it running on a 2003 64-bit server in a 32-bit virtual machine.

Manager works on 64bit 2008 but not Vista.

Drivers such as TAPI site between Windows and the actual hardware thus 32bit emulation by the OS is usually impossible.

Kyle Holladay
ACA-I, ACA Call Center, ACS-I, ACS-M, TIA-CTP, MCP/MCTS Exchange 2007
ACE Implement: IP Office

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it." - Henry Ford

Kyle:

I have Manager working on Vista 64 bit without issue. I didn't do anything special that I remember.

Fonedoc [glasses]

Sorry shouldn't have said "works" but rather "is supported". I run Manager all the way from 2.1 to 4.2(14) on my Vista 64 Enterprise machine.

Kyle Holladay
ACA-I, ACA Call Center, ACS-I, ACS-M, TIA-CTP, MCP/MCTS Exchange 2007
ACE Implement: IP Office

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it." - Henry Ford

All in the tech bully's :)

Global IP Office Technical Bulletin Number 99
2.2 Microsoft Vista 64Bit Operating System Support
The following applications are now supported with the 64Bit variant of Microsoft Vista Ultimate and Business editions:
• IP Office Manager
• System Status Application
• Phone Manager
• Phone Manager PC Softphone
• SoftConsole
• Delta Server
• Licence Key Server
• Voicemail Lite

VMpro will follow later

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

Thanks for your replies guys.

must have missed that page in the TB tlpeter :)

just built a 64 bit machine, so ill see how it goes.

0118999 88199 9119725..3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back