Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya AES bulk administration for extensions 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cregen

MIS
Jul 16, 2008
IE
Hi,
I put together a small bulk administration tool for AES 3.x and 4.x. The tool allows adding/deleting either ranges of devices or to read them in and add them from a csv file.

I put it up under

The tool just emulates the user input by posting the form data directly to the AES OAM Admin session.

The tool was born out of the need to 1) Synch stations between AES and CM (export stations from CM, import them as devices into AES) and 2) just to add a new station/VDN range to the AES environment. I hope Avaya will brink out a new bulk admin tool with a new AES version.

I have tried it on both AES 3.x and 4.x with about 700 devices and it worked good so far.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers,

ClausR

You should actually be able to do bulk imports if you can format the information in an SDB flat file format. I've had some issues however with failed imports and have asked Avaya to include a documented process for bulk administration.

Appreciate your sharing.

Hi jimbojimbo,

agreed. The import sdb file can be used as well. I just wanted to have a tool which allows me to add and delete devices in ranges (the csv file import just came per a user request). We have a couple of AES' with different CMs. So synching the stations on CM with the SDB is always a pain. Thats why I just came up with a small tool to make my life easier ;-)
There is also another way to do it going through the SSH to the AES command line and to manipulate the DB directly. Unfortunately you have to manage the primary keys of the devices yourself which is a major pain.
I hope Avaya is bringing out a better interface (and documentation) for the AES' so there is no need for custom written stuff ;-)

Cheers,
ClausR

very nice tool, appreciate it =D

Thnx Blight..!

FYI,

You can also enable the PostgreSQL database for remote access by modifying the pg_hba.conf file but you need to be aware that in the bundled solution the iptables also need to be modified to allow traffic on port 5430 (not the default 5432).

Jimbo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back