Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya 96x1 SIP Phone location based routing 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

guycable2

MIS
Apr 16, 2004
US
Looking for some assistance with setting up short dialing for location based routing.

CM 6.3
96x1 phones with SIP firmware
SM 6.3

We are implementing a single CM with SIP phones only to replace our CS1000 and key systems at 100+ sites. Our dialplan is 11 digit extensions so every phone extention is 1-area code - phone number.
What I would like to do is allow stations within each location the ability to dial a 4 or 5 digit extension and the CM convert that number to the 11 digit extension.

I assume I need to use AAR/ARS location tables but not fully sure how to implement. Some of our larger sites (currently CS1000)have multiple area codes and exchanges so I don't think the locations setup is going to work unless I'm missing something.

Thanks in advance.

On a per location basis, you can setup "call-type analysis" tables. I think that's your answer.

For location 5, with 11 digit extensions 1-555-555-XXXX, you would "change call-type analysis location 5" and setup digit X of length min/max 4, and insert 1-555-555 - and repeat on a per location basis.

Tried the change calltype analysis on my test lab CM and it doesn't seem to make the change. The list trace of the station shows I'm in the right location it just doesn't seem to recognize the 4 digts. I'll keep trying.

Thanks gwebster for the recommendation I had read a bit of that document. I'll go back through it again.

I think I'm just missing one piece to connect this stuff together. I'm sure I'll find it.

Thanks

Using a location prefix will do this but only up to 5 digits.

For testing purposes I put a location prefix in my test location.

I used 999. So dialing a 4 digit number that should convert to 999-1234 correct?

We do not use an access code for ARS 1 is defined in uniform dialing plan to send to ARS so no match to an extension sends the call to Session Manager.

Then in Uniform-dialplan
1. added an entry for 1234 and set 1234 as a matching pattern and inserted L3 and converted to ext. I believe this tells it to add the location prefix.
2. then I added 9991234 and deleted 3 and added the 1 - area code - prefix (1-555-555-1234) and sent it to ext, aar and ars neither of the worked.

List trace of the station shows denial event 1166 unassigned number. I think I'm missing as it doesn't appear the prefix is being added. In the list trace I do see location 1999 which is my test location.

Any ideas?

I think that concept you're programming is only applicable where your dial plan does not overlap.
Example, with 3 sites, 5 digit dial plan, having 11000, 22000, 33000, you can setup 4 digit dialing by applying the location prefix of 1 to a 1XXX to become 11XXX, 2000 becomes 22000, etc

Because UDP is system-wide and not per location, I think the concept would fall flat in trying to enable many locations to have their dialing of "2000" treated independently.

Page 806 for the admin stuff on calltype analysis.

Also, on the station form, you should be able to manually set the location of the phone so you would be able to test. Without getting too deep into it, subnets are mapped to regions and regions are mapped to physical locations and all of that determines that when an IP phone (sip or h323) dials, it gets treated by the PBX as belonging to a specific location. You can use a manual assignment on the station form to override that/make life a little simpler for testing out your scenarios.

First on location prefix's they will only apply when dialed within the location. You should have an extension of 9991234 built and connected to a port network or ip-network-region that is assigned to your location. Then in UDP you put 1234 length 4 insert L3 and send to ext. You should not need a UDP entry for 9991234 since it is an extension already.

Our use of this feature is for hotels. Basically every hotel has a room 101, 102, 103 etc... by using this feature we are able to have the hotel's front desk dial the units as ext 101, 102, 103 and UDP translates those dialed strings to Lx101, Lx102, Lx103 etc.. in our case the prefix is 75 for one hotel location and 76 for another this way each room has a unique extension. Hotel 1 unit 101 is actually 75101 while hotel 2 is 76101, from both of the front desks they are able to dial 101 to get their unit.

Maybe this won't work in your situation but I think the only difference currently is that you are trying to use udp to send 9991234 some where when it should just be an extension.

I figured it out. Issue was due to my test extension range not being in the Dial Plan Analysis. (Sorry old Nortel guy)

So what I am going to do is add 1 through 9 to the Dial Plan analysis as a 4 digit length and making it call type UDP.
Then in UDP 1-9 will be an entry with L3 to apply the location code. (999 for test location)

The location code will be added to UDP as a 7 digit length (9991234) and delete the 3 digit location code then insert the 1+area code + exchange to convert to the actual 11 digit extension and routed to aar.

This seems to work unless I'm limited to less than 200 UDP entries. I have some more design and testing to complete but it seems to be a solid setup.

Definitely been an experiment replacing 200+ key systems and Nortel CS1ks with a single CM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back