Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya 9611 Bizarre short ring 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpbeyer

Technical User
Aug 30, 2004
US
Greetings,

We have been noticing that some of our 9611 phones will do a very short blip-like ring on an incoming call and the call will still be present (caller hears ringing - doesn't know that I don't) until you press the ringing key (you can't pickup the handset and answer the call). We have send all calls turned off. We've experienced this on 6 new 9611 phones. We are new to Avaya and have been migrating to this new system for 6 months and haven't seen this issue consistently hitting our phones until the last couple of weeks. We are running 6.2 Aura and haven't done any new patches. I'm curious if anyone else is experiencing this and if so, what did they do to remedy.

Thanks,
Jeff

Check station programming for Redirect Notification? y
Set to yes, this provides short ring to indicate calls are redirected to cover. Depending on other programming you may or may not be able to answer the call.

change system-parameters coverage-forwarding (check these settings)
Coverage - Caller Response Interval (seconds): 2
Maintain SBA At Principal? n

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"
Avaya. Too little or no help? Expensive?
For FAST switch support at bargain rates, give bsh a call.

bsh

40 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 30 years and counting
[URL unfurl="true"]http://bshtele.com[/url]

Make sure the handsets are seated all the way down on the phone.

With the phone tilted all the way up on the base, it is possible (and very easy) for the handset to rest on the bottom cradle and not fully engage the hook switch in the top cradle. After a short period the call appearance will go back to idle, but the phone will act like it is off-hook and will only present a short ring for the next incoming call. This will also cause the user to have to press the call appearance to answer the call because the hook switch was already disengaged.

Thanks AvayaTier3, I checked the settings and we have coverage - caller response interval set at 0 seconds and Maintain SBA at Principal set to 'y'. I need to read up on these to settings before I change them. I've not done too much with system parameters yet.

Redphone - thank you too! We had thought this might be one of the issues with a couple of users and we're still watching for this (as is the user :).

Thank,
Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back