Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya 9608 Will not Power Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

superikey

Technical User
Nov 12, 2005
US
Very Strange Issue
Qty 3 Avaya 9608's that were once working, suddenly will no longer power on when connected to Any POE Switch, including the POE Switch that is working properly with 15 other phones at the customer site.
Yet when we plug the Avaya 9608 Phones in using an Avaya SSPOE-1A the phones power up fine. Strange !!! Anyone ever have this?

Isaac Braca
Avaya ACA - IP Office
CTO / ICCS & Co., LLC.

ICCS, Your Premier IT & Telecom Partner, is a New York City Based Avaya SMB Expert Business Partner and IT Consulting Firm.

Visit and Post on my Blog:

Did you flip the switch in the back?
The new sets use a different type of PoE they also don't work with the old 1151 power bricks

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

Yes we tried it both ways.
Flipping the switch does not help.

Isaac Braca
Avaya ACA - IP Office
CTO / ICCS & Co., LLC.

ICCS, Your Premier IT & Telecom Partner, is a New York City Based Avaya SMB Expert Business Partner and IT Consulting Firm.

In that case I am afraid I have to think that the PoE switch is not supplying the power the proper way.
Get some older models of the phones. Seems that the 4 packs are all newer and the single ones work better with that older PoE and also firmware.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"

Phones dont work on ANY POE Switch I try,
Replaced the phones for now with new ones at the customer site, those work fine.

Isaac Braca
Avaya ACA - IP Office
CTO / ICCS & Co., LLC.

Avaya special.
Weird that they work on the 1A though.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

you have had this issue befpre ??

Isaac Braca
Avaya ACA - IP Office
CTO / ICCS & Co., LLC.

not with the PoE but with the power bricks.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back