Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya 9608 has dialtone but no voice 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

AccidentalAvayaAdmin

Technical User
Mar 12, 2015
US
Hello group,

I have done some searching but can not find the answer to my question.
I have a 9608 IP Phone that CAN pull down config / check VM / has dial tone but NO Voice. So heres the setup...

At a remote user site i have a Cisco 881 with a VPN back to our organization using universalk9-mz.154-3.M.bin code.
I have the switchports in VLAN 100 and i have the phone in vlan 100.
I have the phone IP/Call Server/Router/Mask all statically set with the appropriate info.

The VPN on our ASA has full access to our Avaya 450 Gateway network and the HTTP network for phone configs.

On our gateway i have added the network to the the ip-network-map.

I feel like I am missing something but have no idea where

Avaya450 Gateway with CM6.3

Get sniffing! watch the network, check the ports in CM in the network regions and make sure the VPN lets that work properly.

Also, anything Cisco can apply on H.323 could/should be tested, and in my experience, turned off, but your mileage may vary.

After wiresharking we seen the phone traffic was trying to access a network we did not have in either ACL's on the Router and ASA.

Added to both devices and voice started working.

Thanks for providing an update after you solved the problem. I'll give you a star.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back