Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya 7.0 modem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

phoneguy1983

Programmer
Apr 30, 2008
CA
Hello,

I have used trunk 1 on many systems for remote access with dialin by selecting modem enabled. The documentation for 7.0 seems that you can use any line for both modem and voice calls but I can't seem to make it work. If I make a specific route to the dial in it works but as soon as I try one to a hunt group it no longer goes to the modem and just rings the phones.

I basically want to share one line for phone calls and the dialin without an auto attendant or needing a user to transfer me in.

Is this possible? Does anyone have this working or am I reading it wrong?

You need to click on the RAS tab in Manager and give it an extn number, you can then be transferred to the modem or have the system recognise the CLI you are calling from and route that to that extn number but route any other calls normally :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

I am not sure if that will work on any line but the first analog trunk port because the modem is hardcoded into that line port on the ATM4 card.
I only use that option (for all the people that don't have VM Pro) but it is a royal pain in the youknowwhat especially if you have bad line quality.

Joe W.

In those situations with no VMPRO, We install a $99 xp machine hooked to customers internet with logmein.com on it, no monitor, keyboard, or mouse and use it exclusively for remote access. We also set it to restore on AC power loss, so it's always up and running.

I've done the modem method, but it has failed enough times from bad line quality that we don't even try it anymore.

Thanks amriddle.

I got it working using the CLI on the incoming route. It's not how I expected it to work but it will do the job.

Where are you gettig a $99 XP machine if you don't mind me asking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back