Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya 5410 & 5420 phones show "system incompatiblity" after upgrade 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

djkoby

Vendor
Apr 14, 2015
US
I just tried to upgrade an IP Office 500v1 from software 4.2 to 8.0(61) and after the upgrade all the 5400 series phones say "system incompatibility" on their screens.
I don't want to proceed onto 9.x until I get this resolved.
My TFTP server, HTTP Server and Manager IP address are that of the machine I'm running the Manager software on.
Any ideas here? All phones are on DS8 modules in the main control unit.

if they boot it will show on the top their firmware release, it can be 2.0 or 5.0 or 6.0, it could be that the 2.0 is not compatible

If it is 2.0 then you need to get the phones to upgrade by adding the NoUser shortcode Allow_5410_Upgrades to the system (check in help file for proper spelling) then it should upgrade the sets but make sure you allow TFTP in the Manager under preferences

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

Thank you for the response. But where do I add this "NO_USER" shortcode? Do you have some screen shots I can follow? Thanks again

It is in the "NoUser" the SourceNumbers tab (sorry not the shortcodes), the correct entry is ALLOW_5410_UPGRADES

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"

Perfect. Worked like a champ. Thank you.

thank you smokinjoe, I sure can use any pink coming my way as I seem to fall behind

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back