Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya 4624 IP Phone -- Factory Reset

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeeJayWA

MIS
Jul 2, 2003
US
I have a few Avaya 4624 IP phones and I would like to factory reset them or change their static IP's. The problem is due to a recent PBX upgrade where all PBX IP addresses and some router IP addresses were changed. Those IP phones using DHCP are not affected and are working. Phones addressed with static addresses cannot be reset because the phone needs to be registered to use the MUTE RESET# type of commands. There must be some way to break into the phone as it is rebooting to get to the IP addressing to make changes? One would think there would be some sort of key sequence (e.g. push-and-hold MUTE * #) during a reboot to get into the settings, but I can't find that combination. As it is now, the phones are stuck with the message "Discovering..." or "Bad Router?" displayed, depending on location.

when they boot up do you get the DHCP * to program option?

Kevin Wing
ACSS Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Communications
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

No, I do not get the DHCP * to Program, The screens:
"Loading......"
"Starting..."
"100 Mbps Ethernet"
"Finding Router..."
"Bad Router?

To break into the Discovering process, press the # button, and when you see the “100Mbs” or “10Mbs” message, quickly press the * (asterisk) button.

'Knows enough to be dangerous. Wait... make that really dangerous.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back