Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

avaya 4602 IP phone with in-line power 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

newphonedoer

IS-IT--Management
Mar 22, 2004
US
Is anyoneone using the 4602 IP phones with a cisco 3550 w/in-line power?? We are trying to set some up in one of our locations. They seem to work ok with the cicso in-line power blade switch but we are having problems with the above switch. The odd thing is that our 4610IP phone works fine with this same 3550. Any thoughts??

I know that we have found the 4602's to be quite picky of how the switch port is set. We ended up setting them to auto/auto and the phones seemed to like that. I haven't run into an issue of power.

I dunno about that 3550, I've used the 3560's and they are 802.3af compliant. The older 3550's are not and supposedly work only with Cisco POE devices. I'm very suprised that the 4610 works on it.

I am amazed as well. We use 3500's and they don't work with our IP-phones because they are only Cisco-crap compliant.

As for setting the ports, we set all de ports to 100/fd and these settings seem to work fine for 4610's and 4620's.

Please tell us: how did you make the POE work on a non 802.3af compliant switch?

"Works as designed

New development here. I ordered 2 new 4602 phones. These came with a power converter that allowed to use the 4602 on the cisco 3550 switch. I am in the process now of checking to see if I can order any of these seperatly. There is a selecter switch on this device for different cisco in-line power devices. Now we doon't have to buy a new switch :)

They finally managed to do that :)
That's good news, where are you based "newphonedoer"?

I'm hoping this is not a USA-only thing again ....

"Works as designed

In my above posting I should have said 3650... Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back