Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya 4424D+ not recognizing adjunct module. 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

wlaw

IS-IT--Management
Feb 5, 2020
US
My knowledge of this phone system is minimal but not to long ago I have had to start performing maintenance on this equipment. I have been using your forums to get by the most of the issues I couldn't figure out on my own but this time I couldn't find exactly what I was looking for from myself or on this site. I added a user to a hunt group on this old phone system to assume the roll of a backup receptionist. She has a 4424D+ with an adjunct port and a 50 line add on expansion for the phone. It was previously in use but on this new user does not recognize this device for some reason. I have multiple units and have tried power supplies, new 50 button modules, and even a new phone but I'm not clear on why this line just doesn't seem to recognize the adjunct. Can someone please clarify for me something I might be missing?

How is the user logging into the new phone? Did you simply relocate the phone + the modules? How many total modules exist on the system?

@Nutritional_Info - I created a new user and moved the adjunct and phone to her office. The other user received a 5410.
As far as I know about the system the line is designated on the phone system and ran directly to her office so she doesn't log in.
I'm thinking in a basic sense I need to tell the phone system that one user isn't using the adjunct anymore and that another one is but I haven't found it yet.

When are you referring to modules are you talking about the phone adjunct or modules on the system itself?

@Nutritional_Info I flipped two users equipment basically. Is there something I have to do in the software to tell it that the two users have swapped rolls?
There Should be 3 counting the one that isn't working properly.

Have you try changing the base extension? Is the user logged into the right phone? The goal is to have their user profile follow them. Since this is a digital phone, you need to change the base extension number based on the port. Identify where the user is logged in, and adjust accordingly. DO NOT CHANGE THE EXTENSION ID OR PORT ASSIGNMENT.

Ie, base extension 123 and 456 swap desks. Port 1 is for 123, and port 2 for 456. In the base extensions of each user, just swap the 123 with 456 and the second 456 with 123. Reboot the phones and they should come up logged in correctly. You will also want to verify that the user profiles both have button programming to actually take advantage of the extra buttons.

To identify where the user is logged in, open system status and have them place a call from their extension. It just sounds like they're logged in in the wrong place.

That's my best guess. Good luck!

@Nutritional_Info, I think I'm headed in the right direction. The base extensions now match the user extensions and identify the correct phones, However, The system still isn't lighting up the unit connected to the adjunct port. Is there anything past this, that I need to identify in the system to turn or confirm this for the user?

For a problem that has been on going for 6 months.... You might just buck up and buy a supported phone.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

TBH... Surprised it is still running. 4.2 was back when they didn't even come with operational software on the chassis. I used to have one of those warning stickers on the bottom side of my work station shelf.... Most of our V1's have had the known PS failure issue and have been replaced. Dude really needs to find a business partner to get him a new system. Technology on average has a 10 year life cycle and needs replaced. To effectively work on a R4.2 you need a Windows XP machine. Put that into perspective.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

Are you exceeding the limits spelled out here?:
4450: +60 (50 x , 10 x )
Add-on for 4412D+ and 4424D+ phones. Provides an additional 60 programmable buttons with a
single lamp - red except for the bottom two rows which are green. Due to the single lamp not
recommended for appearance functions as not all button states can be indicated. Up to two 4450
units can be connected to an existing phone.
A maximum of two 4450 units per IP Office DS
module and/or control unit are supported.

Aside from TouchToneTommy's reply above, i would recommend trying to put the original cable back in place between the button module and the phone. Avaya is notorious for using proprietary everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back