Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya 4424D+ not recognizing adjunct module. 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

wlaw

IS-IT--Management
Feb 5, 2020
US
My knowledge of this phone system is minimal but not to long ago I have had to start performing maintenance on this equipment. I have been using your forums to get by the most of the issues I couldn't figure out on my own but this time I couldn't find exactly what I was looking for from myself or on this site. I added a user to a hunt group on this old phone system to assume the roll of a backup receptionist. She has a 4424D+ with an adjunct port and a 50 line add on expansion for the phone. It was previously in use but on this new user does not recognize this device for some reason. I have multiple units and have tried power supplies, new 50 button modules, and even a new phone but I'm not clear on why this line just doesn't seem to recognize the adjunct. Can someone please clarify for me something I might be missing?

IP Office 500 v4.2

too many button modules already on the system?
there is a max for them

Joe
FHandw, ACSS (SME)

Remembering intrigrant 2019

It has always worked with three, I just set up a new user to use one of the three modules we have and moved it to her phone and took another user off the hunt group. I would say no to that being the issue.

Might be a silly question, but are the buttons programmed?

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

I have put the attached information into the user profile in IP office manager.
SamanthaScottphone_xbywvk.png

So the information is there but if there is something else I need to do to make those work with the unit then I'm not sure.

If you just moved it from another phone did you also move the power brick? It goes from the wall jack to the power brick and then from the brick to the phone.

Yes, I moved the power brick.
To clarify I moved the phone, The user is a new extension.
I changed the old 3rd user and removed her button programming and gave her a 5410.
Then I took her phone and adjunct and moved it to the new user's line and programmed her buttons.

System reboot?
When in doubt.
There are only a limited amount of buttons in the system that can be programmed and maybe the stubborn little girl is not releasing them.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS (SME)

Remembering intrigrant 2019

I have rebooted and it has not changed. I did take into account the old user and removed her button programming just in case However still no change.
Whenever you program those extra buttons, if you set up a new user is there something outside of setting the users to the buttons that needs to be enabled/turned on?

Are you certain you have the right power supply? IIRC, the expansion module for 4424 phones took a "wall wart" style power supply, not a brick.

From a very old doc:
"Use only Lucent Technologies 4400-Series telephone Auxiliary Power Supply Unit (PEC 4499-
PWR, comcode 108596412) with the 4424LD+ telephones or with the 4424D+ (when connecting
a DSS 4450).

And the cable from the power supply to the phone is a 4-conductor modular line cord? (RJ-14 type?)

I bet Westi had the right answer already which you didn't actually address...

How many total button modules do you have on the system? You replied 3 on a phone has always worked, which is true, but there is a max for the system as a whole and it is quite possible you have hit that max at this point.

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

@TheZCom - I'm using the correct power unit to phone, It also took me this long to answer back because I did have a self made cable between the extension module and the line patch panel that I replaced with an RJ-14 just to be sure. It still does not resolve the issue.

@critchey - I did address the question to the best of my knowledge previously, I started with 3 modules when I inherited the device and I still have 3 modules but the user has changed for one from one extension to another.

That being said, an after thought. Do I have to manually designate who is a user that can use the module? or does it recognize this like it does the phone models?

Do you mind elaborating on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back