Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya 3810 Wireless Telephone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larryataccess

IS-IT--Management
May 23, 2008
US
I have a receptionist that i need to be able to be free from her desk. I was looking at the 3810 and was wondering if anyone is using it. I need my user to be able to transfer, park, and page overhead. I see that transfer is on the phone and that is there is 4 programmable buttons so i am assuming i can program them for anything I want. Do anyone have one they are using and is willing to share there expiernce. Everything i read online is OLD!

not a great range but otherwise OK.
You could page, park and all the other things from any analog cordless too. You can dial paging shortcodes and parking codes you need to make up and they work from any phone but I give you that it is better with line appearance on the 3810.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

I don't suffer from insanity
I enjoy every moment of it :)

Did you run this as a user main phone? If you did it in conjustion did you do a huntgroup that rang both at the same time?

you could put them in a group, then just log the 3810 into the group when you need to use it, that way its not ringing all the time.

"There's a dog in the New Zealand section

Or just turn it off until they need it :)

ACS - IP Office Implement

"What the Crocodile Hat....was that?

It is going to be a receptionist that will be up and down all day.

bridged appearance was my solution for it and it covered the first two buttons of the main phone, but you could also do huntgroup either one works and like Tom said you can log out of the huntgroup if needed and have your peace and quiet while sitting beside the cordless answering from the main phone.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

Thanks alot for the insite on the 3810. I wish mobile twinning could transfer and park and I would have used it!

WESTI you were saying that i could do most of what i want from a regular cordless(is assume in a analog station port) with a littl programing. Can i do codes on the analog that will Transfer, Park, page? If so what shortcodes do i need to build exactly?

Well I have used * then part number(*500) to park the call, then used # park number(#500) to unpark the call. This works well you just need to make sure that no other short codes fall into the range or you can move them if they do. As far as the paging just create a page short code for paging from any phone and it will work on the analog cordless. To transfer or park the call you will need to flash the line like you would for call waiting then input the short code you need to use or the extension that you want to transfer to.
Mike

Just a heads up that the 3810 recently went end of sale. I've also been told by Avaya there will be no replacement for it either. Doesn't make much sense but thats what they said.

analog cordless phones can do transfers and they can also park calls and page(you need to have shortcodes that they transfer to or use for paging) if you get a call you need to press flash on the cordless then the shortcode of the system to park or the extension number to transfer the call and if you don't hang up after that and wait until the other party picks up you have even the supervised transfer and with flash you have the first call back. REally painful but doable.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back