Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya 3735 Wireless Dect phone 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JessBobb

Technical User
Aug 18, 2022
US
I have a customer that purchased an Avaya 3735 Dect phone, they need a base station (I assume based on my research), the issue I am running into is all of the listings online at the many stores that sell Avaya shows the newer R4 Dect stations and they are compatible with all of the 3700 series phones but the 3735 is not listed as one. Has anyone had any experience with the Avaya 3735 DECT Wireless IP Handset? I assume it will work like the old D100 dect phones and need a base station. I just don't want to order the wrong base station or maybe there is something I am missing and this model does not use a base station. Any info is appreciated.

Nope @JessBobb, the 3735 Dect phone DOES NOT work like the D100 series, it needs Dect R4 IPBS(s) for which is full compatible. The "standard" DECT R4 IPBS is available in 2 different flavours: 8 channels (7+1 reserved for the handover) or 4 channels (3+1). Don't forget that the device needs an Avaya IP Endpoint license.

The 3735 works as part of the DECT R4 solution (or whatever Avaya in its infinite wisdom of constant name changes now calls that product). But that's an expensive route to be going just for 1 DECT phone. Its a great solution for lots of DECT handsets working over a large area so needing multiple base stations.

But for one DECT handset your much better of just buying a cheaper domestic DECT phone that comes with its own base station that plugs into an analog port. The 3735 should be (I haven't tried it) able to register with any DECT base station that support the GAP standard, but it will be as a basic phone with minimal features (make call, answer call).

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Thank you both for the info, I will look into this and advise accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back