Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya 2410 Telephone Sets Not Displaying Ext # in a= field 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedQctober101

IS-IT--Management
Sep 15, 2014
US
Avaya 2410 Telephone Sets Not Displaying Ext # in a= field when TTI in. I have have several 2410 sets not display in the A= field (ext display) on the display after TTI in he new number. I have checked with different sets and switched around but, to no avail. Have moved off the line card to see if that was the problem but, still no display. Set will work and display on other locations with no issue. Have busy port and released port as well, and nothing. It only happens randomly through out every 20-30 sets. I had installed two hundred recently in a building. It is on a PBX Definity G3R with all new cards in the local building EPN. Changed some on Friday and a couple were having that problem again (no display of ext #), came in today Monday and all but, two had corrected themselves and are now showing the displayed ext # in A= field. The others did not, but the ext # is there. You can call it and it will work fine but will not display. Bring it to another location/cube and it (the set) works fine. Not the set at all...Any help would be appreciated very much...........
Red

When the port had a different set type assigned that was not compatible with the one you plug in, you may experience some issues.
During its daily maintenance routine it will fix this for you, but you can fix it straight away by dialing the 'Refresh Terminal Parameters Access Code'
Look this up (disp fea), and dial the feature access code, from another phone, followed by the extension number that needs to be fixed.
This goes for any set.
Specifically for this set type there is also the 'Station Firmware Download Access Code'
which forces the firmware update for 2410 and 2420, should something be wrong with that.

Thank You so much ! I will try it out today..I appreciate you taking time out of your day to help.
Red

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back