Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya 2050 IP Softphone + BCM400 R4 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

MemphisPCGuy

Technical User
Mar 25, 2013
US
I have a client in need of a single PC user license of Avaya 2050 IP Softphone for Windows 7. I downloaded the 2050 IP Softphone client (ver 4.4) from Avaya and it works fine but is in 30day evaluation mode. When we contacted our reseller they sent over a bid for $4000 in upgrades to the BCM. , is anyone aware of why I would be required to upgrade the BCM for a single PC user license?

Does anyone know where I can purchase the keycode license directly? My understanding is I can install it to the remote pc and enter the keycode manually, that no license server is required anymore.

Ask me anything you need to know to assist me ... or if there are other softphone clients compatible with BCM400 & Windows 7.

Mike Oyler
Memphis PC Guy
901-213-8088

System: BCM400
Software Version: 4.0.2.21d

The estimate from the reseller was to upgrade from 4.0 to 6.0 for $2956.00

That seems pretty steep to just to allow one user to use Softphone on Windows 7.

Not sure what version comes with the BCM400 but I know it didn't work, or at least I couldn't make it work :) Anyone got a quick link handy for version 2 I can try ? I grabbed the 264 upgrade from Avaya. That may install stand alone, I haven't tried it, but appreciate the assistance.

Mike Oyler
Memphis PC Guy
901-213-8088

I suspect that BCM400 has the i2050 version 1.x. The i2050 version 2.x is included - if my memory serves me - on BCM50 R3 systems. I have the installation package on my PC. If you have difficulties finding it on the Web, let me know - I could upload the package to some shared location and send you a temporary link.

I looked around a bit but haven't had any luck finding v2. If you could send me a link ucxguy, I'd appreciate it.

Mike Oyler
Memphis PC Guy
901-213-8088

Hmm cant get it to install "Please exit IP softphone 2050 before running setup"

Tried XP compatibility mode, went thru registry and removed and keys for Avaya Softphone 4.4 etc. No luck so far. What's the trick ?
Windows 7 Professional is what I'm trying to get it installed onto.

Mike Oyler
Memphis PC Guy
901-213-8088

Do you have another version installed/running? Go to Task Manager and kill any processes that start with i2050.

Nevermind, I got it to work. I copied the Nortel IP Softphone 2050.msi from temp and set compatibility mode to skip version check.

Thanks for all the help guys, it seems to be working fine. Stars have been awarded.

Mike Oyler
Memphis PC Guy
901-213-8088

You can run the new i2050 Release 4 (Supports Win 7) on any BCM release from what I have experienced so far. The vendor only needs to provide you with a $50.00 node lock license that is specific to the MAC address of the laptop/PC running the softphone to unlock the 30 day evaluation. This is all done through KRS independent of the version of BCM. The upgrade you were quoted is BS.

APDS,ACIS,ACSS - BCM, CS1000, IPO, AURA
Shoretel Certified Engineer

Hello,
@ucxguy Can resend the link I would like to download i2050 v2 software.
Thank you in advance

Thank a lot ucxguy. I will try it as soon as get the time.
Take care

UCXGUY,

Can you reppost the V2 2050 download on dropbox. I cannot find this on the web.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back