Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya 2033 Conf Ph - change IP address?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunger

Technical User
Jul 6, 2014
US
Hello,
Does anyone know if there is a way to change the IP address on an Avaya 2033? On the Avaya 1100 and 1200 series you can change the "stickiness" setting but there doesn't seem to be any way to get into DHCP or LLDP settings on the 2033. I have it programmed in CS1000 as a 2033. I was reading in another thread about programming it as a 2001 - would that work? WE are trying to firewall our phone system and need to get this phone to pick up the correct IP range. It is a conference phone that we lend to departments so reconfiguring the port on the switch is not an option.

Not touched one for years, but don't you just boot the 2033, wait for NORTEL or AVAYA on the screen then press the 3 buttons under the screen from left to right??

sl1input you are right. that gets you into DHCP. I don't think the 2033 supports LLDP. Are we really limited to the 2033 as the conference phone of choice on CS1000?

No they probably don't support LLDP, they are old.
You can have Avaya SIP B179 on CS1K, but you need to enable SIP LINE on the Node and have SIP LINE licenses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back