Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya 1616-L w/ BM32 Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

rudy_avaya

Systems Engineer
Jul 11, 2024
GB
Hi All,

I have an Avaya 1616-L with BM32 module for expansion, I can see the phone has pulled the firmware ha and hb files ver 3000, and also the GBM32_B_1_1_0.hex firmware file for the BM32 has uploaded successfully. However I still get the green 4 flashing and the red every 4 led flashing no matter what, have tried reset, upgrade, downgrade but nothing working yet.

Any ideas how I can test the BM32 connection to the phone or troubleshoot further?

Thank you in advance
-R

So a little update now - I have used another phone and managed to get the firmware on the device. The BM32 buttons now make the phone respond but they do not do anything. I have buttons assigned to all of them nearly but none will respond apart from the UI click sound. They dont even flash green as if unprogrammed, just don't do anything. Any ideas? Thanks All.

Oh and P.S.: the original phone still doesn't do anything with it, I noticed the phone that does work switches it off and on with some sort of relay, but the sound of this relay isn't heard when connected to the first 1616.

Thanks!

For your keys....what key are you setting them to on your configuration?

Calum M
ACSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back