Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

avaya 1230 shows on bcm50 but offline state 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

reaven

Technical User
Nov 23, 2002
PR
Hi, am trying to get a hold on this, I have a BCM50 and trying to register a 1230 deskphone, in the element manager the phone appears active in the dhcp server leases the phone appears to get an ip. But when I look under active sets the phone appear offline state and without ip address.

thanks !!

per the settings in the element manager it is using the port 7000 and its getting the ip from the customer lan NOT from the OAM lan and I confirm it with the Lease Info that the ip is from the range specified but regarded that I know it have an IP under active sets it listed offline without ip address.

my lab consist of the bcm50 two ip phone 1230 and 1220 i am connected to the OAM port and the phones is connected to a switch and the switch to the lan port 1 in the bcm

Don't use the oam port o. It's restricted to 1 ip address for your laptop.

You should use the customer LAN port 1 192.168 range

Ignor last info.
I misread the port info you give.

Did the phone do a firmware download.
There was an issue with factory firmware on some ip phones

Silly question, but what is the software version on your BCM 50 as I don't think it will work on the older versions.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

snowman50 said:
"Did the phone do a firmware download.
There was an issue with factory firmware on some ip phones"
I read that somewhere, but i was unable to do a firmware download since the bcm wont let me.

firebirdscrambler said:
"Silly question, but what is the software version on your BCM 50 as I don't think it will work on the older versions."

System Software version 10.0.1.03.125, what you mean by
I don't think it will work on the older versions

million thanks for all your help !! :-D

if it did not download firmware, then that is the problem

the fix is going to a bcm 50 3.0 and up and downloading the firmware from that bcm to the ip phone. if you cannot do that then i would suggest returning it and purchasing an 11xx series set

dglcabling@yahoo.com

Rel6 systems will need a patch to fix the known problem with the firmware on the phone.
Apply the latest patch to fix this .
or use a tftp server program and connect directly with the phone and load the firmware from yor laptop.
You should be able to get this from avaya web site

Best of luck

any way i can get at least the phone firmware or the bcm patch, browsing the avaya site is a real pain...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back