Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya 1230 ip Phone Registration Trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

vince1147

Programmer
Dec 11, 2017
US
Attempting to register a 1230 ip phone on BCM 450 6.0. Phone supposedly new. When I plug in for first time, "loading bootC" comes up. How do I get it to come up normally? I simply want to register it to the BCM using the network DHCP like the other thousand's of ip phones I've registered before.

Sounds like it might have SIP firmware and needs to be put back to Unistim...wait for other pro's to reply.

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

Looks as though the phone does not have any f/ware loaded onto it. Believe it or not there was a time when Nortel/Avaya where sending the 12xx series out to site like this to overcome a firmware download loop problem with the CS1000's.

The phone would touch the CS1K, download whatever f/ware image was on the server, and if the phone was running a later image as delivered the phone would reject the f/ware file, reboot and repeat the download. The phone would again reject the file and start the whole process over again.

Anyway, i digress...

Providing whatever DHCP server you are using as been configured with the correct 'DHCP option 128 string' then the phone should make a TFTP request to the BCM for the f/ware file. The BCM will then offer the file to the phone and the phone will then download the file and reboot, find the BCM again and then ask for a DN.

Post back with your setup regarding DHCP and i'll try and help.

Regards

Paul

One time I received a 1230 from Ebay, and the phone had foreign ringtones and functionality....I'll never understand why it was this way. I was finally able to re-image it to a Nortel Unistim protocol. Anyone ever come across this?

Joseph Sus Jr. Nortel Emetrotel Consultant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back