Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya 1220 IP phone pickup problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

phil204

Technical User
Apr 13, 2011
GB

Hello,

I have recently installed a new IP500V2 running latest 8.1.67 software. Site had a BCM50 and I migrated the Nortel 1220's over to the IPO.
Everything is working fine apart from the fact that extns cannot pickup other extns if rang internally. Externally this works fine. If I try internally I just get a forbidden error on the screen and you can also see in monitor an unauthorized message.

I have tried using F75, call pickup group key (phones are in relevant pickup groups).

Any ideas it baffles me how external calls you can pickup but not internal.

Any help or ideas will be greatly appreciated

Because internal calls will not be ringing the group they will be ringing the individual extn in the group, the feature you want is called "Call Pickup Memebers" that acts the way you want it to. "Call Pickup Group" only picks up calls presented to the group itself :)

"No problem monkey socks

Thanks for the reply, If I set that against the button the group page was on nothing is displayed and the button doesn't work?

I set the key as the manual dial code so *53*N#, works a treat, cheers!

Ah, not supported on 1220's...get some nice Avaya phones instead :)

1220.PNG

"No problem monkey socks

The button itself isn't supported, but as you've found you can enter the code instead though :)

"No problem monkey socks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back