Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya 1140e Blue ligt

Status
Not open for further replies.

minicompbx

IS-IT--Management
May 11, 2011
CA
Hello,

It has been 2 weeks I have 1140 and I love it ... got lot of features
But is there way to use the blue light when I receive a call and the red light for message. Right now, when I have message or new call, red light blink and blue light is on only during the boot time.

Thank you

Sadly, no. Or not that I've found.

The blue light is used for data messages. There is no way, that I can find, that will allow you to change it's functionality.

But pdf file It mention that Feature Status Lamp provides a user-defined alert. That's mean : you can defined anything you want to know.???

If you can dissolve the adhesive on the PCboard without damaging it, you can swap blue LED for the red LED.

Do you know/ have any guide that I can use to do it. Picture or video wil be great.
Thank

Not sure, but I believe there used to be a separate Nortel Application Server that could enable use of the light.

It depends on the platform.

When using an 1140e with the Nortel CS2000 (now known as the Genband C20), the blue light is illuminated when there is an active call. It's a good way to know if a co-worker is on the phone, especially if he/she uses a bluetooth headset.

http://imgbin.org/index.php?page=image&id=11868
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back