Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya 11.0.4 IPO/VM Pro Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOTaPhoneGuy2020

Systems Engineer
Jun 22, 2020
US
I have a client that has a basic conference bridge. When external callers dial in, they get MOH. However, when internal users call in, they are automatically placed in the meeting. When looking at the call flow, the destination is the same, but the result is not identical. The client would like consistency between internal and external callers.

I am new to Avaya IPO, and have looked through countless forums, etc. Does anyone have ideas on how to configure so that internal and external callers have MOH until a second caller joins? Would setting up the conferences with a moderator achieve this?

It depends on how the Conf bridge is set up, do you have admin access to the system? (Manager, System Status, VMPro client)

BFG9K, I do have admin access to Manager, VMPro, etc. Right now, it's a very basic setup. Currently, when a call comes in to the DID designated for the conference bridge, it is directed to the "ConfBridge" module in VMPro. Internally, they enter a short code and are sent to the same module. When the user reaches the conference bridge, they are prompted for a PIN, and are then transferred to the appropriate bridge.

It sounds like your transfer on the VMPro and shortcode aren't going to the same place. How is your shortcode setup on Manager compared to the destination of the conference bridge in VMPro? Personally how I configure it is a conference meet me short code of "555XXXX". On VMPro make the transfer option 555$key. Then between the Start point and transfer put a menu module in with custom options matching the pins.

For instance you'd put custom pin 1234 in. Then internally people dial 5551234. When people dial in externally they dial 1234 when prompted at the menu and it transfers them to the bridge.

Jordan.Shaw07, for external callers, they dial the DID. The ICR destination for that number is VM:ConfBridge. Internally, the users dial a short code (Feature = Voicemail Collect | Telephone Number = "ConfBridge"). Then users enter a PIN, transferring them to a Conference Meet Me short code.

ConfBridge-Troubleshooting_l6wymb.png

I will look into your recommendation at my earliest convenience.

Do you have extensions numbers same as the conference numbers? For example, conf 5001 and extension 5001?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back