Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AuxCopies - CommVault setting or hardware problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcorbin121

IS-IT--Management
Nov 11, 2008
US
We have a Scalar i500, Quantum DXi7500 with 24tb of storage. All storage policies arew set for 14days on disk, 30 days tape. Been installed and running for 3 months nnow, over the last 3 weeks the fulls have been runnign the dxi out of space, causing a throttle down mode. The aux copies are very slow, <20gb per hour rates. Normal backups to disk are getting >65gb per hour rates. If I validate a tape it gets 80mb per sec transfer rate. If I validate a disk VTL it also is in the 90-100mb range. Where should I be looking to figure out what the problem is? I cant get the stuff off the VTLS using auxcopy so VTL's are not aging, whicvh is causing more problems!! Thanks for any hints..

john

Is the i500 and DX attached to the same media agent? What kind of numbers do you see on restores from the DX?

the i500 and Dxi are shared among all media agents - restores fly no problems at all. Backups are fast to the DXi, its just from the DXi to teh i500 that is slow.

I ran once from a Unix and once from Windows, both got 39gb per hour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back