Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aux work Issues SI R6

Status
Not open for further replies.

ridge1983

Technical User
Jun 4, 2005
GB
Hi,

I have a problem with agents working the system in a call centre. I have a hunt group detup as a mia group. The problem is agents keep pressing the aux work button quickly to move to the back of the queue. (Making them the least idle agent) The customer does not want to take away the function of being able to go into aux work. Is there a way to make the aux work not put them to the back of the queue?

If they are using CMS you could report on agents with an exeptions report.....

Please let me know if the information that was provided is helpfull.
Edwin Plat
A.K.A. Europe

Are they pressing AUX or ACW? I didn't think AUX affects their idle time, but I know ACW does.

You can change system-features so ACW agents are considered idle.

No they are definatly going into AUX work on this as they donot have an ACW button. THey also only have BCMS Vu for stats so reports are limited

from a monitoring point of view you could put an agent trace on some suspect agents, this report will show their key strokes. This doesn't solve the issue but gives you some evidence to go on

apart from the good suggestion above regarding ACW I'm not sure of another way round this

Newer call center releases have an option for ead-loa or ucd-loa (least occupied agent).

With loa, if the user presses the "aux" button, when they go back into avaialble, instead of putting them in the back of the queue, it gives them the "average" of everyone else already in the queue. It's not perfect, but it helps.

We also use LOA in preference to MIA, I feel it is a better option.

Definition of EAD-LOA is as follows:

"An agent selection method for delivery of calls. With EAD-LOA implemented,
calls are delivered to the available agent with the highest skill level and the
lowest percentage of work time since login (compared to other available agents
with the same skill level).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back