Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aux -work Codes - what am I doing wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBM101

Technical User
Mar 3, 2006
GB
I need to set aux work codes up to show the name of the code.

I have set them up as abrv-dials in the system. I've tried using the FAC code but it just doesn't seem to put them into the state they requested, they just stay in ready.

Any ideas or is there another way to do this

jamesmatthews,

use 'change reason' to define reason code names, then assign agents' extensions a number of aux-work buttons with specific reason codes. don't forget to add one aux-work button without reason code, to indicate possible aux work mode with reason code you didn't define on buttons. for example, after agent logs in, he's automatically placed in aux work with reason code 0. if you assign buttons with reason codes 1, 3, 5 (example), you won't see any button light up for code 0.

I have traied this but what I want is for the labels on the agents phones / or ip agent to reflect the name. Other than manually relabeling is there another way of doing this

I have found a case where the codes set up in abbreviated-dial system using FAC were not working to enable the state so I changed just those handsets to use aux-code buttons and it fixed the problem. Try both and see which works. I have not seen the issue of no label text if it is entered correctly on the relevant screen of ASA. My setup:

display abbreviated-dialing system Page 2 of 7
ABBREVIATED DIALING LIST

SYSTEM LIST
Label Language:english
DIAL CODE LABELS (FOR STATIONS THAT DOWNLOAD LABELS)
16: *60 16: Login
17: #60 17: Logout
18: *643 18: AUX TL
19: *644 19: Break
20: *646 20: Meeting
21: *647 21: Training
22: *648 22: Coaching
23: *645 23: *********
24: *649 24: SME
25: *642 25: *********
26: *6411 26: WFP

The right hand column is the label for handsets like the 24xx, 46xx and 96xx phones. *64 is our FAC and the digit is the aux work code to enter. You could also use the reason codes screen:

display reason-code-names

REASON CODE NAMES

Aux Work Logout

Reason Code 1: Login
Reason Code 2: ********
Reason Code 3: AUX TL
Reason Code 4: Break
Reason Code 5: ********
Reason Code 6: Meeting
Reason Code 7: Training
Reason Code 8: Coaching
Reason Code 9: SME

Default Reason Code:

Either way they should display the text of the label.

Zarbs

HI ZARBS,

Thaks for the input,

Pls tell how do you take this aux code report,

This aux code report is possible with BCMR or do we need something else

Thanks

I'm not sure if this is a whole new thread but its some how related. Is there a way to change the default reason code of the system so instead of going normally into Aux 0 upong agents login to go straight into an available state???

Any suggestions are appreciated.

definityandcmuk is right. Zero is the system default. When an agent logs in they are always places into Aux 0. This is the default aux code for all agents. If they need to change the code then they can enter another Aux reason. This is coded into then Avaya software. I know of no way to change it.

i see. well thanks for the information guys, just figured that it will be helpful to force an agent to go straight into an available state, i'll do some more research. Most likely it can be done through a 3rd party tool ie. softphone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back