Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aux Reason Codes Need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magillicuddy

IS-IT--Management
Nov 20, 2006
US
I have been tasked with changing, renaming and adding our Aux reason codes can some one give me some insight on what I need to do in the pbx and CMS. Our tech is on vacation.
I know they are turned on and working

what commands in the pbx ? Im on a definity 2.0 software

in the CMS so i make the mods on the cms supv client or in the server

I am not aware of anything in the switch you should change. If one works they should all work, I think. Within the CMS you go to dictionary functions, Aux reason codes, put in the code you want to add or change, then click the flashlight, then change it as you see fit, and click modify, the pencil on paper icon.

On the PBX side the command is change reason You will be presented with the below page:

display reason-code-names

REASON CODE NAMES

Aux Work Logout

Reason Code 1: Research
Reason Code 2: Lunch
Reason Code 3: Personal
Reason Code 4: Training
Reason Code 5: Project
Reason Code 6:
Reason Code 7:
Reason Code 8:
Reason Code 9:

Default Reason Code: Default
It is very easy.

Hope this helps
ED

1a2 to ip I seen it all

You can change it in the switch for reference purposes, but you need to change it in the CMS Dictionary for reporting purposes.

Keep in mind that, once changed, old reports will show up with the new names.

im running off BCMS, is it possible to have the AUX reason codes, currently we just have just the 1 option for Aux. is it a case of only CMS can do this?

Thanks in advance

Sorry - BCMS can't report on AUX reason codes - you're stuck with the one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back