Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aux Copy Question 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 22, 2009
US
On a large NAS I have a storage policy for all my subclients , I run monthly fulls for a quarter of them once a week , (1st Sat., 2nd Sat. etc.)

I want to create an Aux Copy that runs after the Saturday full so it can be sent off site. Is there a way to tell the Aux to only copy the fulls that were run this week, and not all the subclients?

I use selective aux copies already for things I do fulls for weekly, so I am familiar with how to do that.

What I am asking is if I am doing monthly fulls can I create a copy that only copies fulls done within the last week?

When you create a new Selective Copy, the default Selective Copy options are set to automatically select the first Full Backup of the Week, with the week starting on Friday. All that is really left to do is set the required retention and select the required clients on the Associations tab.

What should happen is that your Saturday Full completes, you begin the Selective Copy, it sees that the Saturday Full is the first full backup in the current period, and copy it.

Well good, I was afraid it would try and get all of the fulls done in the last month. I'm running a test now. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back