Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Autostretch height issues with different browsers

Status
Not open for further replies.

VolvoB20

Programmer
Jun 15, 2004
US
Hey,

I am an amateur using Dreamweaver and I post the site (
The problem I have is that the center autostretch column does not render more than a few lines on some browsers (As of this time I know it does not work with the Mac version of IE.)

Appears to work fine in Opera and IE on my XP machine..

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

-Clay

Height isnt a valid tag neither is 100% for it.

It just works in some browsers because they allow it to.

What you want can be done but with a whole lot of extra work, I used to do my sites like this over a year ago but stopped because it got to be more of a headache.

zzzzzz

where is this coming from?
as far I can see....your HEIGHT is pretty clear and set....

"<iframe SRC="home3.htm" NAME="content" WIDTH="480" MARGINWIDTH="9" HEIGHT="496""

so even if your "auto stretch column" does stretch...it wont do a thing to content size - the iframe...which is what webpageshould be about = CONTENT
You have it right, leave it at the set size and forget about re-size Vertically.
Besides, the use of Iframe is exactly that...."to help vistors read more content without scrolling for ever"...and so waht if the iframe seems "more at the top" for those with bigger screen res.....we all read from the top left-right anyhow ;-)
All the best!
All the best!

:--------------------------------------------------------------------------:
fugitive.gif

ok,ok...I did shoot the deputy but he told me he was the sheriff!
:--------------------------------------------------------------------------:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back