Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

autoreply for a disabled account 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

nacixem

MIS
Nov 21, 2002
US
What is the best way to set an autoreply for a disabled account? I employee was terminated the other day and we want to inform people to call or email a different employee now.

Why not just re-route the mail to the new persons mailbox so he can reply and introduce him/herself as there new contact.

that's great. it would be extremely helpful if you could walk me through that or point me to an article that would show me how to do that. Thank you.

Assuming you are using exch 5.5, there are a couple of simple option you can use.

1. Forward all mail to an "alternate recipient"

open exch admin, and open the termed user's mailbox settings, select "delivery options" tick the other option, and put in the new employees mailbox name. All mail to the termed employee will now go to the new employee.

2. Allow the "new" employee to have access to the termed user's mailbox.

In exch admin. On the Permissions tab of the termed user, add user permissions to the new user. Then go to the new user's computer and open Outlook (using his login.) Click on Tools, Services, Microsoft Exchg server, Properties, Advanced. Add the termed users mail box there. It will now appear as a second mailbox in his outlook

This approach may be preferred, as the email does not co-mingle from old to new mailbox.

good luck,
Dana

Thank you very much Dana. This is very useful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back