Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Autopilot Tapes do not move from save to scratch any more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I am running Arcserve 6.1 on Netware 4.11 using an autopilot job. The backups work fine with one exception: the tapes no longer seem to migrate from the SAVE set to the SCRATCH set as they should. I can move them manually, but if I don't, then the daily log will only request a blank tape, and the program will not accept any tape that should have long since left the save set (e.g., January 2000 tapes in the daily set won't be accepted.)

Is there a Y2K problem here, or has anyone else had the problem?

THANK YOU for the quick response... I've pulled the patches (though there seems to be an updated one, which relates to Y2K but doesn't mention the tape problem specifically)-- anyway, will give it a rip!

-Curt

This is a long standing and unsolved problem with Arcserve.

We gave up on Autopilot over a year ago and have implemented our own save sets. They are based on a logical rotation.
All has been well since.

Yeah, I did the same thing with NT. I found that autopilot was unreliable in moving the tapes to the scratch set. I would rather just do it myself each morning [sig][/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back