Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Autonumber Listview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Denaeghel

Programmer
Apr 23, 2001
BE
I got some problems with my listview. I want that my first column of my listview shout be an auto number. Is that possible in the listview and how?

Thanks

karel.denaeghel@barco.com

Hi,

The data you are loading into the list box is it static? I.E. does it change between loads? If the value of the number that you want to assign to the data is not used for anything important you can simply use a counter as you load the list.

Also, a bit more information as to your needs wouldn't go amiss.

HTH
William
Software Engineer
ICQ No. 56047340

We load the information from the SQL Server into the listview. It is dynamic. You can change the order of the listview by clicking on the column headers.

It is just a counter that we need. But my question is if Listview can do that automatically or must I use a simple counter.

Karel
karel.denaeghel@barco.com

Hi,

Well in that case you have two options here. One is a simple counter the other is the Row ID or similar from the DB.

HTH
William
Software Engineer
ICQ No. 56047340

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back