Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automobile listbox(Make) results the listbox(Model)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Are8Jay

Programmer
Sep 22, 2002
US
Probly a very simple solution but I've been racking my brain to make it as user friendly, PLEASE help.

I'm using Microsoft Access dbm to track towing information. I have one form that saves all of our records to one table and from there I have multiple queries and reports to veiw theses records.

My problem is on my form I have two listboxes that rely on each other. Make(listbox1) and Model(listbox2). I made a table with all of the diffent Makes of automobile manufactures, witch I used to make my Make(listbox). The problem is where do I place the Model information to get it to display into the Model(listbox). Also, with every Make and Model posability I want to display an output message in a textbox. I would like to make this as user friendly so the users can update the message in the textbox as the company grows.

For example:
Make(listbox):Toyota
Model(listbox):Celica
Message(textbox):"This car rides only 6 inches off the ground this is a Flatbed Required call"

Note: Not every make and model need to display a message.

Thank you for taking the time and reading this long draw'n out question.
Are8Jay

Hi,
Where do you store the Model name for each make? Is it in the same table as Make? If so, you could probably add a message field to that tabel, containing the message to be displayed.

Your table will look like

Make Text
Model Text
Message Text

So the record in the table will be something like:

Toyota Celica This car rides only 6 inches above ground

If this is not what you wanted, post the strcuture of the tables that you use. Someone will be able to help. Hope it helps. Let me know what happens.
With regards,
PGK

My Table layout:

DCSt(table)
Make text this is where you choose the make of the auto
Model text this is where you choose the model of the auto
etc..

Make(table)
Make text primary key
Ford text indexed
Chvy text indexed
Toyota text indexed