Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automation of user skillset priority?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ekcole

ISP
Jun 1, 2005
US
Does anyone know if there is a way to automate what skillset priority a user will be in based on time of day? The only other solution I have come up with is to change it manually or creating a different login for the user and having him use that login at a certain time of day. I am using Symp 5.0.

Hi,

i know only the CCS 4.2, but you have from the 1.0 to this release the 'Affectation' (in french) option (just under the Scripts and variables, in the classical client).

You will be able to build a matrix (looking like an excel sheet), with agents in lines, and skills in rows, and then setup a model.
The way it works is just like taking a pic of some of your agents (by agent, by spv), change some options (priority level), building then a new 'pic'. Then you just have to save it, and choose to run it immediately, or schedule it (same way as the reports).

There was some problem when having to add agents to a previously built model, but generally it does (1.5->4.2) work well.

Hope it will help

Regards

PG

Thanks for the reply, that kind of gives some idea of how this could work.

Do you use webclient?
There you can create scheduled assignments to change user setup automatically.

Thanks for translation guddie, assignments are affections (in french). :)
Yes you can find them in both softwares

Regards

PG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back